Facing the morning

In the midst of grief, the morning can be so hard to face over and over agian. A new morning normally brings hope, and a chance to start fresh. It brings a reminder that God's mercies are new. He is able. He is constant. Some mornings I can grasp that feeling of life being made new, but some mornings it is an emense struggle to face another day, enduring more pain and suffering.

Today was one of those mornings. I woke up, unwilling to start the day. As I went to get my son from his crib, I was reminded that I am suppossed to have two babies right now, and I feel the knife in my heart twist a little deeper.
I cry on my husband's shoulder, wishing desperetely that he didn't have to go to work.
I don't want to go through this kind of morning on my own.
I sit, not knowing where to begin, not wanting to begin, and feeling lost in my own home.
I hear my stomach growl with hunger, but I feel too overwhelmed at the thought of preparing food for myself.
I barely make it to the Lord and His word.
I find hope.
I find that I am not alone, even though it may feel like I am.

"I am holding you by your right hand. I guide you with my counsel, and afterward I will take you into glory". -Psalm 73:23-24

"This is exactly the perspective you need: the reassurance of my presence and the glorious hope of heaven. " - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Will this be enough for this challanging day, Lord? Will you, please, provide me with the peace of your presence and fill me with the hope of heaven? Will you assure me that my sweet little baby boy is happy with you in heaven, and will you sustain me down here while I wait to see him again? This void I have with the loss of him is so great.

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. " - Zephaniah 3:17

Lord, you are with me, and strong enough to overcome this great grief that threatens to consume me.

"My heart trusts in Him and I am helped." -Psalm 28:7

Lord, help my heart trust that you are here, you can help me. Be with me today. Help me to come to you for life throughout today.

Help me to come over and over again.

Comments

  1. I have that same devotional! I love it so much, especially right now <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard for me to seek solace in the Scriptures when I'm grieving. I want to curl up and withdraw. And mornings are so hard - each day waking up and knowing that something is missing.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts