A poem for peace

As I have approached 37 weeks, I have moments of fear and panic. Disbelief that we can make it further than this, and that it could really all result in a baby. I wish it wasn't so hard to believe. I wish it was easier for my mind to get to a place where it lets me imagine that life with a baby in just a few weeks could be real. But it continues to be a challenge. I have to teach myself truths each day to help me get past the mental block that is trying to protect my heart.

A few days ago I was having one of those moments, and as I was writing down the truths I needed to hear they began to take on a rhythm and became poetry. I have no good ideas for a title, except what it is....


A poem for peace

You, my Father, are holding my baby
You've created this place for him in my womb 
he knows nothing but your love and the warmth of his mother
he gives you praise with his every move
Before You formed him, You knew him
You love him more deeply than the ocean is blue
You chose this little one to be my baby
his life only exists because you desired it to 
bring him safely to our longing and loving arms
bring more mercy
more grace
as we wait upon you 

Comments

Popular Posts