Our joy

While I am chronicling my journey through grief, I have learned that it is also very important to thank the Lord for the blessings in our life. Otherwise, it becomes very easy to sink into a sea of sorrow, and the farther down you go, the more of a struggle it becomes to swim to the top.

So I would like to start doing weekly posts each Friday titled "our joy", in which I take a moment to thank the Lord for his many gifts to us that we do not deserve.

I would like to invite you all to join in, if you would like. You can leave a comment below sharing a gift or gifts that God has given you this week. I think it would be so awesome if every Friday this blog page was filled with praise to God for His goodness to us.

Here is our joy this week:
 
At least once a day Levi goes and finds the picture of Ezra on my bedside table

And he always gives his baby brother a kiss

Then he took Ezra's picture with him to play drums
(which melted my heart! He is such a good big brother.)

Watching Levi be loved on by his Uncle Drew and Aunt Hannah

Just watching Levi be cute

Watching Levi play naked, in his dinosaur towel

The look on his face when He tried on these glasses

Watching Levi finally figure out how to use a fork on his own and feed himself an entire bowl of pasta

He clapped for himself after every bite

 Levi wanting me to read him his new favorite book called "Thank you God, for Mommy" over and over again.  :)

Catching Levi reading "Trusting God" by Jerry Bridges. Good boy, buddy!

Watching a gorgeous sunrise, thinking of my baby Ezra, and trying to picture how much more beautiful heaven must be beyond those glowing clouds.
 
"Praise be to the Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy."
Psalm 28:6
 
If you have some joy to share, please leave a comment and join the joyful noise we are making to our Lord and Savior.
 

Comments

  1. I am praising God for the women in my church who provided support and encouragement to me this week. They are always such great role models to me on how to be a godly woman, wife and mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing lauren! I am thankful for those women in my life as well.

      Delete
  2. I am thankful that my husband is in his last week of school obligations in DC and will be HOME for the next few months! Also thankful that he doesn't mind when we have frozen pizza for dinner sometimes ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Sarah! So glad for you that your husband will be home. I have needed mine more than ever right now. I am thankful for frozen pizza too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a cutie. :) We'll miss seeing you guys tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts