Streams of consciousness: a poem from a broken heart in search of hope

Salty drops flow from my eyes
Unceasingly, with no relief
The oppressive and painful weight of these days
Overwhelms my being with sadness
My heart, so heavy
Others around me receive joy into their arms
While mine are empty
Aching with loneliness
This grief runs deep
But I know, it cannot consume me
These tears flow from a heart that has been broken into pieces
But I know they will be dried
My eyes are hot and dry from weeping
But I know they will soon be filled with glory
I wait on the Lord to fill the crevices, made by pain, with joy
For I know what the Lord tells me;
His compassions never fail
His mercies are new every morning
Great is His faithfulness
He will give this weary soul rest
The Lord is good to those who depend on him
Nothing can separate us from His love
Nothing is too hard for Him
He is able
He overcame the deep darkness of the grave
He bore my griefs
He bore my sorrows
He keeps my tears in a bottle
He is near to the broken hearted
He leads me beside still waters
He restores my soul
These things I know
And I will rest in Him


-Emma Sweat
Inspired by the great works in Lamentations

Comments

  1. Emma I am so so sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter five years ago and I can tell you that the pain will always remain but no where near as deep and as paralyzing as it is now. Please let me know if you need someone to talk to. Sending hope for moments of peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you jessica. I'm so sorry for your loss too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts