A psalm for His splendor

Oh, Lord,
Let your light and your truth open my eyes to your presence.
Wrap your truth around me,
And bind it with your life and grace.
Set me free from my own mind,
And take me into yours.
Hold me close to your heart,
As my own aches with a bitter sting of loss.
My tears, you have shed.
My wounds, you have tended.
How great, how vast, and how wide is your love, Oh Lord!
The depths of your love, beyond all comprehension!
Let me be as the deer,
Panting for your sparkling streams of living water.
Let the sound of it's flow, calm me.
Let it's coolness, refresh me.
Let me lie by this stream,
And bask in your light.
Warm me from the inside out.
Let me hear the birds sing of spring,
And the trees stir in the wind.
Let me join creation,
And sing praise to you, Lord Jesus!
Let my heart take root here and flourish,
All for your splendor, Lord.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts