Our joy ~ March 1st, 2013

It's Friday! Time to share with you the blessing and joy God has given me this week.
 
I am feeling so thankful for my brother today. I had the chance to spend some quality time with him last night and we talked about life and reflected on our love we have for our family. I am so blessed to have him as my brother. He opens my eyes to appreciate qualities in people that can be so easily over looked. I am so proud of him and the man of God he is becoming. And I am thankful that we have grown so much closer as brother and sister these past few months.
 
I am also feeling so thankful for the people in my life that are continuing to pray for me as I have to live life on earth without my sweet Ezra. I have received notes and special gifts that have touched me. I am so humbled that people I don't even know very well are praying for me, taking time to think of me, and show me love.
 
Here are some of the other times that have brought me much joy this week;
We had a cozy family movie night during one of the snow storms and watched Cars 2.
Levi insisted on wearing his snow boots.
 
Watching Levi dance and giggle with the "baby" he sees in the refection of the stove window.
 
And stare, lovingly, into the other baby's eyes.
 
Watching Levi pretend to cook like mommy,with the oven mitt actually on his hand.
(It's been on his foot and his head before)

Then watching him do everything else that night, still wearing the oven mitt.
Playing basketball with Daddy...

...and playing "drums" on his pot
(complete, with snow boots)

 Watching Levi be glued to the TV while watching Veggie Tales.
 
And I am so thankful for my little Ezra. He points me toward eternity everyday.
 
 
Thank you Lord, for blessing me with gifts that I do not deserve.
 
" He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God" - Psalm 40:3
 
I invite you all to make a joyful noise to the Lord with me and, in the comments, share the blessings that you are thankful for.
 
Have a blessed weekend!
 
 

 


Comments

  1. Emma, I am so proud of you. You continue to CHOOSE joy and thanksgiving. Not an easy thing to do in the daily grind or in the depths of sorrow. Thank you for encouraging me to choose joy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! As you said, it is a choice. Not always an easy one, but by the power of the holy spirit, made possible. Love you too!

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for this blog which reminds me to be thankful each week. It also reminds me to pause and think about eternity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lauren. If there is one thing that helps me get through, it dwelling on thoughts of eternity and God's grace and love in giving us that gift.

      Delete
  3. I am thankful that my sweet boy loves to cuddle so much - it is so comforting to me <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! What a comfort to us our little men are. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, Emma - such powerful words. I see you getting stronger through the words I am reading today. Constant prayers for you and your family - keep looking up!

    Blessings,

    Martha Bachert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma, somehow I missed this post. I am glad that I found it. I love reading your "Joy" posts, and am so thankful for your ability to continue to choose joy and thankfulness in the face of such huge sorrow. I will continue to pray for the things we have discussed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts