Our Joy ~ April 5, 2013

Our Joy ~ April 5, 2013


I am sorry I have skipped the past two Fridays. The first Friday my husband and I were out of town on a little getaway in a cabin in the woods. It was awesome!
Here is our place, beautifully covered in snow. 

And this was our view from the jacuzzi. It was definitely a glam cabin in the woods, but we loved the seclusion and being surrounded by nature. And I loved the hot tub!

 Then last Friday was the Friday before Easter and I was just so swamped with things to do, I completely forgot.

I have noticed that the writing hasn't been pouring out of me as it was before. We have reached a point where we have to move forward with life and find our new normal, our new routine of life. It's not easy. At one point, I was becoming so overwhelmed with this new life and the little tasks that came with it, that my husband had to tell me to just make Levi my only priority right now. And It has helped. I have missed the writing, but it has been such a rich couple of weeks with a majority of my time and attention being to Levi. We have bonded so much more, and I am really thankful for that.

I am also super thankful for music, and the calm it can bring to our soul. The music I have been choosing to listen to right now is so full of God's truth. It is just the best thing to have that playing in the back round of your day and in the car when you can be left alone with your thoughts. 

I want to share one that really resonated in my heart today.
It's "By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North. 

Look at these hands at my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life 
I want to give you life

And I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
And please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Ah, it's so good! Thank you Jesus!

Observing and thinking on Christ's sacrifice has been my joy these past two weeks. Easter had a new depth to it as I feel I now have a glimpse of what Christ's sufferings might have felt like. And that is so powerful.

Here are some other times of joy from these past few weeks:

Watching Levi show Grandpa how his puzzle works

Watching Levi kiss himself in the mirror, while wearing the cars blanket that he is obsessed with as a baby toga.

Watching Levi pretend to read Mommy's bible.



Finding amazing views on our getaway to the Ozark Mountains

Hiking, just me and my hubby.

Watching some Grandpa and Grandson bonding unfold as they both couldn't take their eyes of the KU game. (So sad they lost! That was not necessarily a time of joy.)

Holding my sweet baby as he feel asleep, cuddling with His new bible we gave him for Easter. That moment was so sweet, and I was so thankful my husband stopped by for lunch that day so he could capture it.

Having a glorious spring day with my cutie.

Watching Levi surprise his Aunt Hannah with a kiss.



And finally, seeing signs of spring after a snow storm.

We kept some of the branches from this bush and have them next to a picture of Ezra. They serve as a physical reminder that God does bring spring out of winter. Light out of darkness. And He will turn our mourning into dancing.






Comments

  1. Beautiful. I'm so glad you had a little getaway. Praying for you and thinking of you often <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts